West Babylon, N.Y. - For the seventh straight year, LIU Post's athletic department has claimed the East Coast Conference Commissioner's Cup. This is the 10th and final time that LIU Post wins the Cup, which is awarded to the conference's top program across its 19 championship sports. The Pioneers amassed 99.5 points in the Cup standings, outpacing runner-up St. Thomas Aquinas by five points.
LIU Post's men's soccer and baseball teams came away with ECC tournament titles while the Pioneers also picked up regular season championships in women's lacrosse and softball. In addition, their women's soccer, women's basketball, women's lacrosse, men's lacrosse, and softball teams advanced to the final of their ECC Championships.
St. Thomas Aquinas compiled 94.5 points to finish in second place behind LIU Post. The Spartans won an ECC Championship in men's outdoor track & field while the women's basketball team were Regular Season Champions. STAC also saw its men's soccer, men's basketball, men's tennis, and softball teams advance to their respective ECC Championships.
Roberts Wesleyan rounds out the top three with 90.75 points. The Redhawks men's and women's cross country and women's outdoor track & field teams repeated as ECC Champions during the 2018-19 season. The Redhawks also made ECC Championship appearances in men's basketball, women's basketball, men's tennis, women's tennis, and women's lacrosse.
2018 - 2019 ECC Commissioner’s Cup Final Standings
|1. LIU Post||99.5|
|2. St. Thomas Aquinas||94.5|
|3. Roberts Wesleyan||90.75|
|10. Dist. Columbia||41|
The ECC Commissioner’s Cup
The East Coast Conference Commissioner's Cup is emblematic of the league's top program across its 18 championship sports. A new scoring system was established in 2013-14 to further reward programs that succeed in both regular-season and post-season play. The scoring system works as follows:
• Points for the number of schools whose teams compete for the post-season championship are split between the team that finishes in that place during the year and the team that finishes in that place in the championship.
• If a team is eliminated in the semi-finals or quarterfinals, its place is determined by its finish during the regular season.
• A school which does not sponsor a sport receives 0 points for that sport.
• Highest point total for each sport is the number of schools that sponsor that given sport
• For Cross Country and Track & Field, championship meet finish is utilized.
• Example: Team A wins regular season, finishes second in tournament: (11 + 10) / 2 = 10.5 points
• Example: Team B finishes fourth in regular season, wins tournament: 8 + 11 / 2 = 9.5 points
Past Commissioner’s Cup Champions
1994-95 College of St. Rose
1995-96 College of St. Rose
1996-97 Adelphi University
1997-98 Dowling College
1998-99 Adelphi University
1999-00 Dowling College
2000-01 Adelphi University
2001-02 Adelphi University
2002-03 Adelphi University
2003-04 University of New Haven
2004-05 Adelphi University
2005-06 C.W. Post/LIU
2006-07 C.W. Post/LIU
2007-08 Adelphi University
2008-09 Dowling College
2009-10 C.W. Post/LIU
2010-11 Dowling College
2011-12 Dowling College
2012-13 LIU Post
2013-14 LIU Post
2014-15 LIU Post
2015-16 LIU Post
2016-17 LIU Post
2017-18 LIU Post
2018-19 LIU Post